|This article is a stub. You can be a HUGE HELP to radswiki.net by expanding it. |
If you do not feel comfortable editing the wiki, please contact email@example.com for alternative ways to contribute content.
 PLASTIC (Mnemonic for etiologies of AVN)
- P: Pregnancy/Pancreatitis
- L: Lupus, Sickle cell anemia
- A: Alcohol
- S: Steroids, Septic arthritis
- T: Trauma, includes Radiation therapy
- I: Idiopathic eg. Legg-Calve-Perthes disease
- C: Caissons
 FICAT Classification
- Stage I: Radiographs are normal (MRI or radionuclide imaging findings will confirm AVN).
- Stage II: Cystic and sclerotic changes are seen on radiographs.
- Stage III: Crescent sign is present.
- Stage IV: Flattening of the femoral head, narrowing of the hip joint, and, ultimately, severe joint destruction.
 Imaging Findings
Patient #2: MR images demonstrate shoulder AVN