- Acronym for Breast Imaging-Reporting and Data System
- Quality assurance tool orginally designed for use with mammography.
- The system is a collborative effort of many health groups but is published and trademarked by the American College of Radiology.
- The system is designed to standardize reporting. The document focuses on patient reports used by medical professionals.
 BI-RADS Assessment Categories
- Category 0: Need Additional Imaging Evaluation
- Category 1: Negative
- Category 2: Benign Finding
- Category 3: Probably Benign Finding
- Category 4: Suspicious Abnormality
- Category 5: Highly Suggestive of Malignancy
- Category 6: Known malignancy
 Risk of Cancer
- Category 3: Approximately 2%
- Category 4: Approximately a 23% to 34%
- Category 5: 95%
- Eberl, Margaret M., Fox, Chester H., Edge, Stephen B., Carter, Cathleen A., Mahoney, Martin C. BI-RADS Classification for Management of Abnormal Mammograms. J Am Board Fam Med 2006 19: 161-164.
- ACR BI-RADS Atlas