Patient preparation
NPO for 4 hours but no longer than 24 hours
 Dose and route of administration
5 mCi IV
- Camera: Large FOV gamma camera
- Collimator:low energy, all purpose
- Window: 15% over 140 KeV photopeak
- Immediately obtain 60 1 sec frames
- Followed by 1 minute frames for 60 frames
- Right lateral and left anterior oblique images obtained at 1 hour.
- Inject morphine (0.04 mg/kg over 1 min) at 1 hour if gallbladder has not filled and there is good biliary-to-bowel transit.
- Contracts sphincter of oddi causing gallbladder filling
- Image for an additional 30 min