|This article is a stub. You can be a HUGE HELP to radswiki.net by expanding it. |
If you do not feel comfortable editing the wiki, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for alternative ways to contribute content.
 Discussion of Colles fracture
- Transverse fracture of the distal radius.
- Named after Albert Colles, an Irish surgeon who first described this type of fracture in 1814.
 Cause of Colles fracture
- Most commonly caused by a person falling and attempting to break their fall with extended, outstretched hands.
- Can also be caused by overuse.
 Imaging Findings for Colles fracture
- Usually occurs 1-2 inches proximal to the radiocarpal joint with posterior and lateral displacement of the fracture fragment.