Discussion of Desmoplastic fibroma
- Desmoplastic fibroma is also is known as desmoid tumor of bone.
- Desmoplastic fibroma of bone is a rare, nonmetastasizing but locally aggressive tumor.
- Desmoplastic fibromas account for up to 0.1% of primary bone tumors.
- Desmoplast fibroma is most common in the mandible, pelvis, and femur.
- Mean age of presentation: 21 years.
- No sex predilection.
 Imaging Findings for Desmoplastic fibroma
- Most commonly a geographic pattern of bone destruction, with a narrow zone of transition and nonsclerotic margins
- Internal pseudotrabeculation is often seen.
 See Also
 External Links
 References for Desmoplastic fibroma
- JR Crim, RH Gold, JM Mirra, JJ Eckardt, and LW Bassett. Desmoplastic fibroma of bone: radiographic analysis. Radiology 1989 172: 827-832.
- Frick, Matthew A., Sundaram, Murali, Unni, Krishnan K., Inwards, Carrie Y., Fabbri, Nicola, Trentani, Federico, Baccini, Patrizia, Bertoni, Franco. Imaging Findings in Desmoplastic Fibroma of Bone: Distinctive T2 Characteristics. Am. J. Roentgenol. 2005 184: 1762-1767.