|This article is a stub. You can be a HUGE HELP to radswiki.net by expanding it. |
If you do not feel comfortable editing the wiki, please contact email@example.com for alternative ways to contribute content.
 Discussion of Esthesioneuroblastoma
- Esthesioneuroblastoma is aka olfactory neuroblastoma
- Esthesioneuroblastoma a rare tumor that arises from the olfactory epithelium.
- Esthesioneuroblastomas are characterized by slow growth with frequent recurrence and distant metastases.
- Usually occurs in young men and there is a second occurrence peak at age 50-60 years.
 Imaging Findings for Esthesioneuroblastoma
- Characteristic imaging features include origin from olfactory epitilelium high in the nasal vault and moderate enhancement.
- Esthesioneuroblastoma is hypointense to brain on T1 weighted images and can be hyperintense to brain on T2-weighted images.
- Intracranial cysts occur in approximately 10% of cases of esthesioneuroblastoma and have been described as virtually pathognomonic for this malignancy.