- Gallstone ileus refers to small bowel obstruction resulting from the impaction of one or more gallstones after they have migrated through a cholecystoenteric fistula.
- Gallstone ileus is a rare disease and accounts for about 1−3% of mechanic ileus of the small bowel, but for 25% of all small bowel obstructions in patients older than 65 years
 Imaging Findings
- Small bowel obstruction secondary to gallstone(s) impacted in the small bowel.
Patient #1: CT images demonstrate a gallstone ileus
 See Also
 External Links
- Alaa Abou-Saif M.D, Firas H Al-Kawas M.D (2002) Complications of gallstone disease: mirizzi syndrome, cholecystocholedochal fistula, and gallstone ileus. The American Journal of Gastroenterology 97 (2), 249–254.
- Werner Kirchmayr, Gilbert Mühlmann, Mathias Zitt, Johannes Bodner, Helmut Weiss, Alexander Klaus (2005). GALLSTONE ILEUS: RARE AND STILL CONTROVERSIAL. ANZ Journal of Surgery 75 (4), 234–238.