Indications for imaging
- Tumor evaluation (i.e. Pheochromocytoma , Paraganglioma , Islet cell tumor , Carcinoid , Medullary carcinoma of thyroid , Small cell lung cancer , Neuroblastoma , Pituitary adenoma , Lymphoma , Breast cancer , Astrocytoma , Meningioma , Thymoma ).
 Patient preparation
- Bowel preparation with laxative and enema
- Discontinue octeotide therapy for 1 week prior the exam
 Dose and route of administration
- 6 mCi IV
- 4 hours (abdomen, pelvis)
- 24 hours (whole body)
- Camera: Large field of view SPECT gamma camera
- Collimator: Medium-energy
- Window: 20% window around 173 and 245 KeV
- 4 hours: Planar images of the abdomen and pelvis
- 24 hours: Planar images of the whole body. SPECT of regions of clinical concern.
 See also