Discussion of Papillomatosis
- A condition in which multiple papillomas exist in more than one duct system
- Considered a premalignant condition.
- Women with multiple papillomas have a 7.4-times lifetime relative risk of developing breast carcinoma.
- Papillomatosis should be considered similar to lobular carcinoma in situ in the prognostic information that it provides to the patient and her physician.
- Solitary intraductal papillomas are believed to arise from the terminal portions of the ducts, while multiple papillomas arise from the terminal ductal lobular units.
 Imaging Findings for Papillomatosis
 See Also
 External Links
 References for Papillomatosis
- Etta D. Pisano, M. Patricia Braeuning, and Eithne Burke. Case 8: Solitary Intraductal Papilloma. Radiology 1999 210: 795-798.