Proximal humeral fracture
|This article is a stub. You can be a HUGE HELP to radswiki.net by expanding it. |
If you do not feel comfortable editing the wiki, please contact email@example.com for alternative ways to contribute content.
 Neer classification system
- Divides the proximal humerus into 4 segments
- Greater tuberosity
- Lesser tuberosity
- Humeral head
- Defines a segment displaced when there is more than 1 cm of displacement and 45° of angulation of any one fragment with respect to the others.
- Two-part fractures has 1 displaced fragment.
- Three-part fractures has a displaced fracture of the surgical neck in addition to either a displaced greater tuberosity or lesser tuberosity fracture.
- Four-part fractures has displaced fractures of the surgical neck and both tuberosities.
 Imaging Findings
Patient #1: Radiographs demonstrate a proximal humeral fracture