Small left colon syndrome
 Discussion of Small left colon syndrome
- Neonatal small left colon syndrome is a cause of functional colon obstruction in newborn infants
- Small left colon sydrome is subset of meconium plug syndrome in which an enema demonstrates an apparent transition zone between the dilated and the normal-to-decreased caliber distal colon at the splenic flexure.
- There is a high association of maternal diabetes.
 Imaging Findings for Small left colon syndrome
- Microcolon involving the left colon
Patient #1: Failure to pass meconium
 See Also
 External Links
 References for Small left colon syndrome
- WE Berdon, TL Slovis, JB Campbell, DH Baker, and JO Haller. Neonatal small left colon syndrome: its relationship to aganglionosis and meconium plug syndrome. Radiology 1977 125: 457-462.
- E-medicine Meconium Plug Syndrome article