Discussion of Splenic cyst
- True nonparasitic splenic cyst, also called congenital cyst and epidermoid cyst, is defined by the presence of an inner endotheial lining.
- It is developmental in origin.
 Differential diagnosis
- Inflammatory (abscesses, hydatid cyst)
- Vascular ( infarction, peliosis)
- Posttraumatic (hematoma, false cyst)
- Neoplastic (hemangioma, lymphangioma, lymphoma, metastasis)
 Imaging Findings for Splenic cyst
- Anechoic well-defined, round mass.
- CT typically shows a large, low-attenuation,unilocular mass with imperceptible walls;
- HU are in the range of that of water.
- No enhancement is seen after the administration of contrast material
- Magnetic resonance (MR) images show a well-defined, round mass.
On T2-weighted images, the mass has markedly high signal intensity, a characteristic finding of a cyst.
 See Also
 External Links
 References for Splenic cyst
- M Urrutia, PJ Mergo, LH Ros, GM Torres, and PR Ros. Cystic masses of the spleen: radiologic-pathologic correlation. RadioGraphics 1996 16: 107-129.